Saturday 22 September 2012

40 times up and down Primrose Hill!

Hill training is a form of interval training, as you work hard on the uphill climb and actively recover on the way down. It can increase your lung capacity, improve muscle strength and it definitely tests your mental strength!

Primrose Hill in Regent's Park is one of the few places in Central London suitable for hill training. It provides a great combination of elevation and distance and hopefully there won't be too many steeper hills in the jungle! I picked a hot and sunny Wednesday afternoon to tackle Primrose Hill and whilst most people were sunbathing, I set myself the challenge of running up and down 40 times! The most I'd done before this point was 20, but hill running is definitely my weakness and so it was time to take drastic action! 

An hour and a half later and after lots of funny looks I hit my target of 40 repetitions! My legs felt like jelly, but this was a great confidence boost and a sign that my hill running is improving! 

A 17km run home rounded off a great day's training!




No comments:

Post a Comment