Saturday 18 August 2012

Hill training in Wiltshire!

My good friend TJ invited me to the Wiltshire countryside today to do some proper hill training in preparation for the hilly Jungle stages.

Although a fantastic experience, today's training session has really brought home the enormity of the Jungle Marathon challenge.

I'm sat on a train back to London completely exhausted after running up and down hills for hours on end in the baking heat. However, far from being satisfied for having completed a tough training session, I'm worried... The thing is that today is nothing compared to what I'll be doing in the Jungle- there I'll be doing similar (if not harder) courses in 40+ degrees and 99% humidity. I really struggled today and I need to rapidly improve my hill running.

I've had some really tough and gruelling training sessions this week, but it's not enough. Next week I have to up the mileage, up the hills and up the pain if I'm going to do well in this race. 

Now time for an ice bath and an early night! 


Me in Wiltshire



One of today's hills (legs are full of scratches and bites)



No comments:

Post a Comment