Tuesday 14 August 2012

It's gonna hurt!

I've been lucky enough to be put in touch with a really cool guy called Darren who has run the jungle marathon twice before. He's given me some great training and equipment tips and some really good words of advice. One bit of advice really stuck: "it's the competitors who are mentally the toughest who do the best and you're gonna get through this if you realise now that it's going to hurt like hell regardless and you're gonna be a mess afterwards!"

This is the week that I'm going to really up my training. The jungle course is apparently very hilly and so I'm going to hill train as much as I can. I ran up and down Primrose Hill 20 times last night followed by a 10km run and this evening I ran 25km in just over 2 hours.

I plan to do the hill reps again tomorrow and on Saturday I'm planning on doing a 60km run!!!

Here's a photo from this evening's run by Albert Bridge in Battersea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment