Thursday 16 August 2012

UVU Jungle Warrior training!

I planned to have an easy training day today and so I thought I'd try out the 'Jungle Warrior Camp', which is a collaboration between Third Space Gyms in London and the race sponsor UVU. It was taking place in the pokey dojo and the usual instructor was on holiday and so I was expecting it to be a piece of cake. How wrong I was!!!

Courtesy of our trainer Carl Wilson, I discovered the delights of Tabata interval training. It consists of 20 seconds of ultra-intense exercise, followed by 10 seconds rest, repeated 8 times. After doing this for squats, burpees, push ups, lunges and a bunch of other evil exercises, I was well and truly broken. 

It was a completely different type of workout to what I'm used to and it seriously hurt! It's definitely a class I'll go to every week now. It's available to the public too for £10 and so drop me a message if you'd like more details.





4 comments:

  1. Loving the blog mate...apart from it makes me feel truly lazy ha! Will keep reading daily and hopefully pick up a bit of inspiration too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers for following the blog mate! Hope you're well- haven't seen you in years!

      Delete
  2. Mate, hit me up with some info about this Tabata interval training. Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miles, hope you enjoyed your holiday! I'm going to the training camp on Thursday if you want to join me??

      Delete